I have prescribed sensipar for a patient with primary hyperparathyroidism who was not a surgical candidate. I've prescibed it for 3 days a week (in a rather overcautious way perhaps to avoid potential hypocalcemia), and now want to increase the dosing to every other day. I originally filled out an authorization for the 3 day a week dosing and it was approved. Now the insurance company wants me to fill out a completely new authorization form for this minor change in dose frequency.
Here is My authorization:
- 12 years of Grade School
- 4 years towards a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Qualifiying MCAT scores
- 4 Years of Medical School
- 3 USMLE exams
- 3 years of Internal Medicine Residency
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- 2 years Endocrinology fellowship (where I learned how to spell sensipar)
- Board Certification in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
- Numerous awards, Grand Rounds, etc.
I have a work around which I'll post separately. When you've worked at LAC you know how to get around anything.